An overnight flight from our west coast brings you across the equator to these magnificent countries. Easy to get to, and to get around, exploring Australia and New Zealand is an enriching and unforgettable experience.
So many unique experiences await in both countries, on and off the beaten track:
- Captivating cities will charm you with their intriguing sights, sporting and cultural facilities. From Auckland to Perth, Dunedin to Darwin there’s plenty to see and do and fascinating history to discover.
- Unique wildlife from Koalas to Kiwi can be seen at zoos and sanctuaries across both countries. "Go Bush" at Kangaroo Island, the Galapagos of Australia, to see many species of animals and birds in the wild.
- Natural wonders abound from the Great Barrier Reef to New Zealand’s Fiordland; Australia’s sun-scorched Outback and magnificent rain forests to the amazing geothermal activity of Rotorua. Don’t miss the amazing 12 Apostles limestone formation by the Great Southern Road or the many national parks waiting to be explored in Tasmania, Australia’s ’Natural State’.
- World class wineries let you enjoy a local wine with every course of your meal. Many are open to the public so you can learn about production and enjoy tasting various vintages. Marlborough and Hawke’s Bay, New Zealand; Barossa, Hunter and Yarra Valleys and the Margaret River area, Australia, are some of the best wine regions.
- Discover the intriguing history and culture of Australia’s Aboriginal people and New Zealand’s Maori at cultural centers and museums devoted to preserving and researching their heritage.
- New Zealand is an outdoorsman’s paradise, the home of bungee and jetboating. Its natural beauty, agreeable climate and lack of natural predators make it a leading center for hiking, birding and adventure activities. There’s an impressive network of treks across the country while Queenstown on the South Island is known as the Adventure Capital of the World with its myriad of heart pumping activities.
Imagine enjoying dinner at Circular Quay, Sydney, with a view of the Harbour Bridge and Opera House. What a spectacular beginning to your fun and fascinating adventure in the lands down under.