Saganaki Cheese with Ouzo Sauce
February 2019 | By Celebrity Cruises |
Dining on board Celebrity Cruises is an experience for all the senses.
Ingredients for Ouzo Sauce
- 3 cups Ouzo liquor
- 1½ cup lemon juice
- 4½ tsp. flour
- 3 oz. butter cubes
- Salt to taste
Ingredients for Saganaki Cheese
- 2 cups grated Kefalotyri cheese
- 1 pinch fried parsley leaves
Preparation for Ouzo Sauce
- In a medium rondo, make a roux with butter and flour, when roux is well cooked, add liquor and flambé, cook until flame stops and all alcohol evaporates.
- Add lemon juice, seasoned to taste. Reduce until desired consistency.
Preparation for Saganaki Cheese
- Grate the kefalotyri cheese.
- Place into cast iron and reserve.
- Heat in the oven set at 300C for 4 minutes.
- Add two tablespoons of the sauce.
- Garnish with fried parsley, lemon wedges and serve immediately with toasted bread on an appetizer plate.
Exclusive and cutting edge, the globally inspired menus at Luminae are not available in any other restaurant on board. And, you’ll see each...