Wagyu Beef Crudo
January 2019 | By Crystal Cruises |
Creativity, innovation and gracious service are the hallmarks of Crystal’s culinary philosophy. Our European-trained staff is immediately familiar with your every preference, whether sparkling or still water, or the exact preparation of a filet.
- 3pc shallots, finely sliced
- Olive oil
- White wine, dry for deglazing
- 1 cup white, bread not crust, soft
- 3tbs creamed horseradish, white
- 4tbs freshly grated horseradish
- 2cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken consommé
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- 3-4 pc Russet potatoes peeled and diced equal
- Soft unsalted butter
- salt and white pepper to taste
- Freshly grated horseradish
- Micro parsley
- Garden cress
- Chives, finely sliced
- Sea salt
- Good quality extra virgin olive oil
- Sauté Shallots in oil without coloring, deglaze with white wine add chicken consommé and heavy cream.
- Add your creamed horseradish and white bread and bring to a simmer, keep simmering until the bread dissolves.
- Add freshly grated horseradish and remove from heat, blend and pass through sieve season to taste and keep warm.
- Cook your potatoes in salt water. Once cooked strain well and steam out in the oven by 70c for 4-5 minutes, pass quickly thru a fine sieve add your soft butter (unsalted) and season to taste with salt and white pepper.
- Season the Wagyu beef with salt and plenty freshly cracked black pepper, shortly char on the hot stove cool down and roll tide with cellophane wrap and place in the freezer.
- When half frozen slice the meat on the slicer or finely with a knife.